Your health is more than just seeing the number on the scale that you desire. There are many factors that contribute to a healthier, happier, and more sustainable “you.” Where quick-fix diets or weight-loss gimmicks have failed you before, a medical weight loss program provides support, accountability, and personalized attention every step of your weight loss journey.
But exactly how does medical weight loss work? What are our methods of medical weight loss at Advanced Practice Clinic, and how can you determine if they’re right for you? Let’s dive in and explore these questions.
How Medical Weight Loss Works
We realize that each person is unique, with a specific genetic, metabolic and hormonal makeup. After we begin with the basic medical examination and lab testing, we look upstream to what may be going on inside your body that is making weight control a struggle for you. We take a different approach to weight loss. One that never blames the patient and instead recognizes that many people eat very healthy and stay very active and yet still struggle with weight issues. And other people eat a standard American diet, never exercise at all and are able to maintain their weight. Why is that? Because there are things (hormonal and metabolic) going on inside each of us that contribute to weight control. Our approach focuses on identifying the root cause of each patient’s challenges and creating a personalized program just for them.
Medical weight loss takes a look at your hormonal and metabolic makeup, as well as key lifestyle factors, and determines what methods your body will positively respond to in order to reach your desired goal.
Medical weight loss is generally provided by a specialized medical facility, such as a weight loss medical center like ours. The treatment process typically involves metabolic testing, personalized medications and/or supplements, a functional exercise program and a healthy diet. Each patient is unique, however, and the exact methods of treatment vary from patient to patient.
We believe our individually-tailored weight loss programs, such as HealthyWeigh, are the key to developing permanent, healthy lifestyle change. Your program will begin with an initial consultation with our licensed healthcare practitioners, followed by monthly follow-up examinations. All of our participants start with a comprehensive health screening, which includes a fasting lab panel, EKG and medical evaluation to ensure you are ready to lose weight safely.
- Basic labs & EKG, including CMP, CBC, Lipid panel, Hemoglobin A1C, and a TSH, are included in the base HealthyWeigh program.
- At the conclusion of your first visit, you will be scheduled to return in a few days to be seen by a healthcare practitioner to conclude your medical exam, review lab results, discuss your weight loss program options and provide direction on your medication(s).
- You’ll receive a customized nutrition and wellness plan that’s easy to follow and created with your goals in mind. Additionally, you have access to the online wellness portal website with recipes and exercise recommendations.
- Our expert staff will recommend needed supplements, products and medications to help. If you qualify, you may add an appetite suppressant to any program or develop a program around this medication. (Options include: GLP-1 injections, Phentermine, Phendimetrazine, Topiramate, and Contrave).
- Once we determine that you are healthy enough for a structured weight loss program and start you on the journey to better health, we will then work with you to determine if more advanced testing of your hormones and metabolic health is needed to address your specific root causes of weight issues.
After properly identifying what your body needs, our certified nutrition coaches are here to help guide you through your medical weight loss journey.
Are you ready to take back your health?
Take the leap and schedule your appointment with us today!SCHEDULE MY APPOINTMENT
Methods of Medical Weight Loss
From hormone therapy and a comprehensive heart health assessment, diagnostic lab tests, healthy injections to boost weight loss and accountability with your long-term plan, we’re the Joplin, MO area weight loss clinic of choice. We utilize various methods to achieve optimum weight loss results.
- HealthyWeigh Program – Our HealthyWeigh program offers monthly membership options designed with your health goals and personal lifestyle in mind.
- Basic Plan: monthly nutrition session & weekly body composition.
- Bronze Plan: 2 monthly nutrition sessions & weekly body composition.
- Silver plan: 2 monthly nutrition sessions, Quarterly medical session, Weekly B12 shots*, Weekly body composition.
- Gold Plan: Weekly nutrition sessions, Quarterly medical sessions, Weekly b12* & fat-burning shots*, weekly body compositions, Primary Care services.
- Platinum plan: Weekly nutrition sessions, weekly body composition, weekly b12* & fat-burning shots*, monthly weight loss prescriptions, Primary care services.
- Dietary Supplements – Treatment plans are very individualized and based on your specific medical needs. Some clients have underlying medical conditions which make losing weight more difficult. If this is the case, we will work with you to develop a plan which is best suited for you. Our expert staff will recommend needed supplements, products and medications to help optimize your body’s natural functions. This may include addressing sub-optimal thyroid, adrenal dysfunction or hormone imbalances with additional supplements. If you qualify, you may add an appetite suppressant to any program or develop a program around this medication. (Options include: GLP-1 injections, Phentermine, Phendimetrazine, Qsymia, Topiramate and Contrave).
Additional supplements and services available:
- Weight Loss in a Box – This is an integrated scale that will upload into our wellness portal and additional exercise and diet tools.
- B12 shots
○ Vitamin B‐12 is a water-soluble vitamin that is one of eight essential B vitamins. It helps maintain healthy nerve cells and red blood cells and is also needed to make DNA, the genetic material in all cells. B‐12 is vital in keeping your body running in top condition. While B‐12 is found naturally in a healthy diet, factors like stress or poor eating habits can lead to a deficiency. A deficiency can have serious negative effects on your body. We offer B‐12 injections to help your body operate more effectively and efficiently and, of course, help you lose weight. While this may not take off the pounds by itself, B‐12 can get you up and moving. Injections naturally increase the metabolism, resulting in increased energy levels and weight loss.
- MIC ultra Fat-burning shots
○ Our most popular add-on, MIC Ultra, is an all-natural way to help boost patient metabolism and help with weight loss along with diet and exercise to have optimal results. It’s a proportional blend of several ingredients, each of which help with energy levels and weight loss from a different angle. Each of the ingredients has a long track record of safety. By combining the ingredients in this proportional manner, you receive a synergy of the benefits of each. It can provide the boost patients need to get started losing weight by increasing their energy level with an optimal 5-pound weight loss per month.
- Super Shot – Combines a full B12 and MIC Ultra shot
○ Combine a full dose of B12 (1,000mcg Methylcobalamin) PLUS the MIC Ultra injection for the best bang for the buck!
- GLP-1 (Semaglutide or Tirzepatide) injections –(4 weekly injections) *for those who qualify
- MOTc – (4 weekly injections)
- Peptide Therapy – HGH ENHANCEMENT for Weight loss, Anti-aging, and Wellness.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy – Advanced Practice Clinic offers natural bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) which may include creams, injections, oral hormones, or pellet therapy. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is a way to bio-identically replace the hormones men and women lose over the course of their lives.
- If you choose pellet therapy, you receive two to four pellet insertions per year. This way, you don’t have to think about it, and the hormone is available when your body needs it. Alternatives to pellet therapy include oral hormones, creams, or injections.
- As each patient’s symptoms are unique, so is each patient’s path to hormone optimization. Most patients report some symptom resolution in as little as two to four weeks, but full optimization may take up to six months. Your journey will be customized to fit your specific needs. It takes more than one to two weeks for your hormones to get out of balance, so expect it to take time to resolve.
- While weight loss may be your primary motivation for sorting out hormonal imbalances, with proper identification of the root cause, treatment can address multiple symptoms, leading to a more optimized health experience along with hitting weight loss goals. Optimizing your hormones can not only help you lose weight but also help you to keep weight off long-term.
Is Medical Weight Loss Right For You?
There isn’t a magic cookie-cutter answer to perfect weight loss. People are different. With different lifestyles, different habits, different genetic makeups, and different preferences. So why should losing weight feel like you’re trying to fit into a mold of someone else’s body? Losing weight isn’t an overnight transformation, so you should carefully consider Medical Weight Loss as an option for you.
“We need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out what is pushing them in the river in the first place” – Desmond Tutu
You may have been told by conventional doctors that your labs are fine. But fine and optimal are not the same thing. If lab values represent a statistical average and the average person today suffers from obesity and metabolic disease, then we need to look at your lab values from a different point of view. A view that focuses on you and what is actually going on inside of you.
You can even take our weight loss personality quiz in order to help make your decision. If you’re looking for an effective, sustainable option that also addresses underlying issues – then our medical weight loss program might just be what you’ve been looking for.
If you’re still unsure, feel free to contact our medical experts at Advanced Practice Wellness Clinic and schedule a consultation. We’d love to get to know you, your symptoms, and your concerns. Let’s start your medical weight loss journey together!
Need more information about medical weight loss?
Get in touch with us today!GET IN TOUCH